AVKO Available on Kindle
Did you know that you can download any PDF file to your Kindle?
It’s simple. You purchase any AVKO e- book you wish. We e-mail you the book. You download it to your computer, then transfer it to your Kindle.
Use these simple instructions below to download the PDF files to your Kindle.
PDF Files to Kindle
1. Remove the electrical plug from the end of your charging cord. This will reveal a USB connector that you can then plug into any USB port on your computer or a USB hub connected to your computer.
2. Plug the other end of the charging cord into the charging port on your KINDLE. Your Kindle can be on or off for this part of the process.
The Kindle’s charging port doubles as the data transfer port; when your Kindle is plugged into the computer you will be able to both recharge its battery from the computer’s battery and transfer files.
3. Wait until your Kindle goes into USB drive mode and appears on your computer’s desktop as a removable storage device, just as a DVD or data CD would.
4. Double click on the Kindle’s Icon to open a window displaying it’s various folders. Locate the folder for the file type you want to transfer from the computer.
Look for “Documents”. (Note – only certain file types - .PDF, .AZW, .AZW1, .TXT, .MOBI, .PRC, .AA, .AAX and .MP3 – are currently readable by Kindle as of early 2010.
5. Locate the files you want to transfer on your computer’s hard drive, then
drag and drop them into the appropriate Kindle folder.
6. Disconnect your Kindle from the USB cable. It will automatically return to whatever you may have been reading before you connected it to the computer.
This information is from the Kindle Help Department.
And yes, any PDF form (or any of the other formats listed above) can be downloaded to your Kindle. If you are a Member, go to the Member’s section of AVKO’s website for an excellent list of books online you can download FREE.