Friday, July 29, 2011

AVKO Sequential Spelling DVD’s

AVKO Sequential Spelling DVD’s


I love Sequential Spelling, but spelling is one subject that always seemed to get dropped from my homeschool day. With this DVD my daughter does spelling first while I work with her brothers, and it is just as good as if I did it with her. I did not also buy the book and so far haven't felt any need to do so. I just check her list against the screen at the end of each lesson.

My one difficulty with this DVD is that the speaker has a light southern accent which causes some confusion for my child. Sometimes the only way we know whether she is saying, for example, "pin" or "pen" is to listen to the sentence. It's not really a problem, but it is a slight difficulty for her. I guess there's no way around the fact that every speaker will have an accent for someone!

Anyway, I highly recommend this DVD for busy homeschooling families who want to use Sequential Spelling!

www.avko.org

www.spelling.org


No comments:

Post a Comment